Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Unit 9: Cataloging

I would have to say that throughout this entire process of utilizing the different systems of “content management”, I have found it to be a definite challenge in that it is very time consuming to learn the different systems of cataloging, and implementation of data collections.
In addressing the consistency aspect, I feel that it was not difficult to maintain the consistency across the different content management systems such as Drupal, Eprintss, Dspace . In adding the catalog items, I found that by being methodical, and slow with clarity of focus, that this aided me greatly so that it was not as difficult a challenge as I anticipated it would be.

If a company had a need for the services of a good cataloging system and they did not have anyone in house trained to implement the system and would have to purchase this service, it certainly would be an expensive proposition for any company.

I feel that the cost depends on the need of the company as if the company is in a business that utilizes the “data collection”, that is constantly being updated, and this has an important impact on how the business makes their money, than it might be better to hire staff that is already trained in cataloging using the most efficient systems to return precise results for their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment